What we're workin with

What we're workin with
The 81 KZ650 (SR)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Quick Strip

After a quick test ride with the new pods it's definitely running lean. The mains that came on the bike are 102.5's, already a bit bigger than stock but not good enough to feed the new air flow. Those pods suck in plenty of it. I'm going to run 115's an see how that goes. It's idling fine so I'm not going to change the pilots.

While I'm waiting I thought I'd pull a few things off. I want to make a decision on the chop factor. Based on the pics I reckon it could lose at least 6 to 8 inches off the arse. I'm intending to make a custom seat rather than design the chop around a stock seat. I like the shape of the coffin style tank so I think that's gonna stay. The SR models have a 16inch rear which I'm not sure about for the look I'm going for. It might look more balanced running an 18inch rear. Ideally I'd like to run spoked rims rather than the alloys - I'm on the hunt for some but they will have to be cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment