What we're workin with

What we're workin with
The 81 KZ650 (SR)

Monday, November 1, 2010

First steps

While I decide what I'm going to do to this old beast in terms of the finished lool I thought I'd start with the basics, a bit of a clean-up, look over and tune-up. I decided it's gonna lose the airbox and side covers regardless of the final look so  I added some pods. There's a lot of discussion on various forums about the pros an cons of adding pods to Z's an KZ's so I'm keen to see for myself: what carby set-up seems to work best. I want to get the motor running nicely before I pull it out.

So I've stripped and cleaned the carbs and put on the pods. I decided to run it all with the jets and needle setting that were already there - 15's on the idle, 102.5's mains and the needle clip set 1-up from the bottom setting.

Let me know if you've done the pod thing an what set-up worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment