What we're workin with

What we're workin with
The 81 KZ650 (SR)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

KZ update

The carbs have been re-jetted to deal with the new pod air intake - they really suck it in - fuel economy takes second place with this change. I'm getting the carbs professionally balanced. This is one job I want done by an expert as I don't feel confident with getting it as good as it can be. It's just a waste of time, fuel and power if you have your carbs out of balance. It's less than an hours work for an experienced mechanic and a good investment in my opinion.


Started a bit of engine painting, matt black, whilst I had the carbs, tank etc off. I'm liking the look so far. Once these carbs are sorted it will be time for the big strip down and re-construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment