What we're workin with

What we're workin with
The 81 KZ650 (SR)

Monday, November 1, 2010

The KZ650 SR is not a common classic bike in Australia. You don't see many of them on the road. However the decision to customize this bike in particular was based an an opportunity rather than a particular interest in this exact model. Having said that I have ridden the bike around in it's as-is stock state and I like it. The Kawa 4's have got plenty of pull and the KZ/Z's are definately an established classic. However I'm determined to chop it up and generally molest it.......maybe we can follow a full resto another time.


This bike was bought in Ballina NSW for $1500 as a registered runner. I prefer a registered bike, for reasons I will discuss later. The bike was in OK condition for it's age, everything works and the motor is nice an tight - this is a good start!


The intended theme for this bike will be along the lines of what might be called a 'bobber' or even a 'brat' although there are a lot of terms getting used with a lot of variation on the term. The idea is to strip it back very naked with only the bare requirements for it being road legal in NSW Australia.


Of course I've seen hundreds of sites/images, maybe thousands that have inspired and encouraged me, some of my favourites are at these sites. All of these crew do very nice bikes.


www.wrenchmonkees.com


www.bratstyle.com


www.deus.com.au




I am aiming to have this build done in a month, during November 2010. Lets see.



No comments:

Post a Comment